Openfire 3.7.0 has been released!

Good going Guus! Thank you and keep up the good work.

Could be related to memory leak in PEP service. You can disable PEP, by setting the Openfire property xmpp.pep.enabled to false.

This issue still exists and currently renders my whole Openfire installation useless as Iā€™m unable to establish any connection to external servers.

I would open a JIRA issue but it doesnā€™t list Openfire as a project I can create issues for.

This all looks to me like Openfire is actually dead and unsupported and if thatā€™s the case, just let me know so I can stop wasting my time.

Please, post your issue in the forums. It is hard to monitor different issues in one blog post.

Jira is closed for public use (general users can only comment and vote). Report your issue in the forums and it will be added to the tracker after a confirmation.

Openfire is not dead (3.7.0 release was quite recently), but it lacks full time developers indeed.

Just a thought, but if some company or otherwise would like to donate funding for full time developer(s), probably things would move more rapidly.

1 Like

The question is donate to whom and how? This site is sponsored by Jive and i donā€™t think they need or accept donations. So we will need some kind of a fund to accept donations and then forward some of them to developers. Somone will have to set up it (with PayPal?) and manage the funds. Unless you are talking about donating the developers, not the money, like Walter Webeling did (with him and his programmers Wolf and Holger, who are working on Spark almost full time now for a few months and pushing Spark project forward very fast).

Hi,

I have posted on the forum recently (http://community.igniterealtime.org/message/216138#216138) because i have performance problems with the use of ldap+openfire.

I have responded this topic (Intense LDAP Usage - High CPU Load and Network Utilization) created by selble, it looks like heā€™s having the same problem.

sorry for my poor English

If you can help me to resolve this mystery Iā€™m thankfulā€¦