Openfire 3.7.1 new install - trouble with connecting users

Hi All,

I just installed openfire 3.7.1 on Server 2008 R2 with SQL server 2008 R2 express. I got it installed and was able to setup LDAP where it pulled in the directory of users and I am authenticating both in the console and in my Miranda 0.9.47. I’m not running this on our LAN, it’s behind a firewall with a public IP address.

So I setup Miranda on my computer and a test laptop. Gave each computer a different user account (mine is ralvarez and the test laptop is rubentest.) I can search and add users from the directory in Miranda, but the authorization requests newer get sent, or new get recieved by the test Miranda clients. Also, the users I added in Miranda show "offline.’

I’m allowing ports, both TCP and UDP, 5222, 5223, 7070, 7777, 5269 on the firewall (both Windows firewall and hardware firewall.)

Anyone have any suggestions on how I can get client-to-client communication working?

Thanks

I have an update. I tried Spark as the client and it works fine.

If anyone has an idea why Miranda doesn’t work, please let me know. I’m eventually going to run this in Terminal services and Miranda seems more compact.