OpenFire 3.7.1 - org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter - Packet sent to unreachable address

Hallo,

I’m running a OpenFire-Service (3.7.1) on an Ubuntu server (10.04 64bit).

As I’m following the log’s I found, that in the Info-log is filled up by the following messages:

2012.11.26 11:58:05 org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter - Packet sent to unreachable address

2012.11.26 11:58:38 org.jivesoftware.openfire.IQRouter - Packet sent to unreachable address

This messages seems to come from every client.

My setup is as follows:

The OpenFire-Service runs on a externally hosted vServer which is reachable from all clients whithin the local network.

The clients are able to communicate with each other, but I don’t understand, this given log-messages.

Hope anybody could help me out

Thank you

Regards

Thomas

This may or may not fix the problem for you. It worked for me. If you have the Search plugin 1.5.1 by Ryan Graham installed, take a look at the “Search Service Properties” under Server Setting. For “Service Name”, make sure the service name (xxx.yourdomain.com) exists and is pointing to your OpenFire server that the search service is on. If only one server, just give it the same FQDN of your server.

Hi Thomas,

Apart from the log messages, do you observe any functional problems on your domain? Messages like that might simply imply that someone was sent data just after their client disconnected.

Regards,

Guus