Openfire 3.7 issues

Hi I found the openfire reading forums and it seems fantastic, I met him since version 3.6.4 and just upgraded to version 3.7, but since I started using I have had these problems:
"It blocks the service in a period of 5 days of use or even 3 and I have the following log of what I get, and the only thing I do is restart the computer and the service works normally until it occurs again in this makeshift a course of 5 days or 3 days, we annex the log.
"Sometimes when I log are my contacts but when talking about the text remains in the bar writing as if the window go up conversations going on, what I do is log out and re-enter and solve the problem.

log.txt (254.7 KB)
error.log.zip (3078 Bytes)

This could be a memory issue, though it should arise with 3.6.4 also. But anyway. From the announcement on top of the forums:

Openfires up to and including version 3.6.4 (and looks like 3.7.0 too) suffer from a memory leak in its PEP component. If your Openfire domain is crashing with OutOfMemoryExceptions, you might be having this problem.

As a workaround, you can disable PEP, by setting the Openfire property xmpp.pep.enabled to false.

I’ll try that solution. thanks

these options are on the Management Console?

in system properties, I found only this that starts with xmpp:

–>

xmpp.audit.active

xmpp.audit.days

xmpp.audit.filesize

xmpp.audit.iq

xmpp.audit.logdir

xmpp.audit.logtimeout

xmpp.audit.message

xmpp.audit.presence

xmpp.audit.totalsize

xmpp.auth.anonymous

xmpp.client.compression.policy

xmpp.client.idle

xmpp.client.idle.ping

xmpp.domain

xmpp.privateStorageEnabled

xmpp.proxy.enabled

xmpp.proxy.port

xmpp.server.compression.policy

xmpp.session.conflict-limit

xmpp.socket.ssl.active

nothing xmpp.pep

–>
xmpp.audit.active

xmpp.audit.days

xmpp.audit.filesize

xmpp.audit.iq

xmpp.audit.logdir

xmpp.audit.logtimeout

xmpp.audit.message

xmpp.audit.presence

xmpp.audit.totalsize

xmpp.auth.anonymous

xmpp.client.compression.policy

xmpp.client.idle

xmpp.client.idle.ping

xmpp.domain

xmpp.privateStorageEnabled

xmpp.proxy.enabled

xmpp.proxy.port

xmpp.server.compression.policy

xmpp.session.conflict-limit

xmpp.socket.ssl.active

You have to add that property yourself and then set it to false.

1 Like

03/14/2011

thanks for your time, I will add that service and I will check if the problem recurs

03/17/2011

After adding the service you told me, it worked fine until this day

this day is generated another problem and stop the service Spark and XAMPP and the log is:

at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.doUdpQuery(UnknownSource)
… 16 more
2011.03.17 17:05:28 Can’tprocess DNS lookup!
javax.naming.CommunicationException: DNSerror [Root exception is java.net.PortUnreachableException: ICMP PortUnreachable]; remaining name '_xmpp-server._tcp.corporativo’
at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.query(UnknownSource)
at com.sun.jndi.dns.Resolver.query(UnknownSource)
atcom.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.c_getAttributes(Unknown Source)
atcom.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(Unknown Source)
atcom.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(UnknownSourc e)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(UnknownSource )
atjavax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.srvLookup(DNSUtil.java:199) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.resolveXMPPDomain(DNSUtil.java:131) atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:269) atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomai n(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:167) atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendP acket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:261) atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(O utgoingSessionPromise.java:238)
atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by:java.net.PortUnreachableException: ICMP Port Unreachable
atjava.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
atjava.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Unknown Source)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(UnknownSource)
atcom.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.doUdpQuery(Unknown Source)
… 16 more
2011.03.17 17:05:28 Can’tprocess DNS lookup!
javax.naming.CommunicationException: DNSerror [Root exception is java.net.PortUnreachableException: ICMP PortUnreachable]; remaining name '_jabber._tcp.corporativo’
at com.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.query(UnknownSource)
at com.sun.jndi.dns.Resolver.query(UnknownSource)
atcom.sun.jndi.dns.DnsContext.c_getAttributes(Unknown Source)
atcom.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_getAttributes(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(UnknownSource )
atcom.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.getAttributes(UnknownSourc e)
atjavax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.getAttributes(Unknown Source) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.srvLookup(DNSUtil.java:199) atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.net.DNSUtil.resolveXMPPDomain(DNSUtil.java:133) atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:269) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:167) atorg.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendP acket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:261) at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:238)
atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
atjava.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by:java.net.PortUnreachableException: ICMP Port Unreachable
atjava.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive0(Native Method)
atjava.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl.receive(Unknown Source)
at java.net.DatagramSocket.receive(UnknownSource)
atcom.sun.jndi.dns.DnsClient.doUdpQuery(Unknown Source)
… 16 more

could someone tell me how to solve this problem???