Openfire 3.8 Groups/Users not Showing up in Spark

Hey guys,

Setting up Openfire 3.8 on 2008 R2 and having an issue with the groups and users populating in Spark.

I completed the setup successfully, but when attempting to use Spark I can’t see any users or the security groups. When I go to the Admin Console - Users/Groups - Groups and look at the groups it has pulled from AD I can open the group. The problem is that when I select “Enable contact list group sharing” and enter the group name I want, select “Share group with additional users”, “All Users” and save; I get this message:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing /group-edit.jsp. Reason:

Server Error

Caused by:

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

at java.util.AbstractMap.put(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.admin.group_002dedit_jsp._jspService(group_002dedit_j sp.java:164)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:547)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1359)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:74)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1330)

at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:50)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:78)

at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:164)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:478)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:119)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:520)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:22 7)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:94 1)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:409)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:186 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:875 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:117)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandler Collection.java:250)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.jav a:149)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:110)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:349)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:441)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConne ction.java:919)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:582)

at org.eclipse.jetty.http.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:218)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.AsyncHttpConnection.handle(AsyncHttpConnection.java:51 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.handle(SelectChannelEndPoint.jav a:586)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint$1.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java :44)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:598 )

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:533)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks a lot!

Matt

This is a known bug with 3.8.0 , upgrade to the latest nightly.

http://bamboo.igniterealtime.org/artifact/OPENFIRE-NIGHTLYWINDOWS/shared/build-9 67/Project-Windows-distribution-files/openfire_3_8_1_alpha.exe

daryl

Thanks Daryl! I can now see the groups, but now I can only see offline users. As soon as someone logs in to spark, the don’t show up on the contact list anymore. Usually they just turn from greyed out to green, but I can’t see them at all.

I forgot to install the service. Once I did that it worked fine.