Openfire 352 - asterisk-im 140

I configured asterisk manager user for openfire and enable asterisk-im

I add the asterisk server and it does not show as connected.

When I click on asterisk-im in the openfire menu (or the General Settings of asterisk-im), the http request sends the request but receives no reply and the browser remains waiting for the answer.

asterisk show openfire user manager connected.

I am searching for errors in asterisk messages and logs and openfire logs but cannot find anything. Any help?

After further investigations we found out that when we create the server in openfire:

1. Openfire is connecting to Asterisk (Info log)

2. A timeout error is occuring (error log)

Caused by: org.asteriskjava.manager.TimeoutException: Timeout waiting for response to Command
at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.sendAction(ManagerConne ctionImpl.java:806)
at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.determineVersion(Manage rConnectionImpl.java:601)
at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.doLogin(ManagerConnecti onImpl.java:580)
at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.login(ManagerConnection Impl.java:433)
at org.asteriskjava.manager.internal.ManagerConnectionImpl.login(ManagerConnection Impl.java:418)
at org.asteriskjava.manager.DefaultManagerConnection.login(DefaultManagerConnectio n.java:266)
at org.asteriskjava.live.internal.AsteriskServerImpl.initializeIfNeeded(AsteriskSe rverImpl.java:232)

1. Asterisk show manager keep showing openfire as connected

2. If asterisk is restarted, connection is lost, and asterisk-im plugin does not halt until reconnected

Asterisk 1.4.21.2 debug file keeps displaying recursively the following error

[Aug 22 11:06:13] DEBUG[28201] manager.c: Manager received command ‘Command’

[Aug 22 11:06:14] DEBUG[28201] manager.c: Manager received command ‘Command’

[Aug 22 11:06:14] DEBUG[28201] manager.c: Manager received command ‘Command’

Which version of Asterisk are you running?

Asterisk 1.4.21.2 running on Centos 5 64bit

We managed to find the issue. the error was due to lack of write permissions in asterisk manager.conf, on the contrary to the sample asterisk configuration we followed from

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk-IM+-+Jive+Software+Integration

Thanks for reporting back.