Openfire 4.0.2 problem

Hello,

after upgrade to 4.0.2 I’m unable to log in to the server. The log shows something like this:

2016.03.24 13:05:13 WARN [socket_c2s_ssl-thread-3]: org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler - Closing connection due to exception in session: (0x00000002: nio socket, server, /192.168.0.8:52157 => /89.233.179.14:5223)

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.keySet()Ljava/util/concurrent/Concurrent HashMap$KeySetView;

What’s the problem?

I think Openfire has been compiled with JDK 8, but you run it with JDK 7.

It’s a cross compilation issue:

Exception in thread “main” java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java.util.concurrent.ConcurrentHashMap.keySet()Ljava/util/concur…

1 Like

Thank you! Perfect problem specification :slight_smile: I would have to poke around for at least few hours until I would realise that this might be the issue.

CSH/Dehumanizer77, would you happen to have steps on fixing this issue?

I just updated the openjdk 7 from debian with the latest Oracle java (well, removed openjdk and installed oracle java).

If you have Debian or Ubuntu/Linux Mint, you can use Webupd8’s repositories to install it just like any other package. Instructions for debian here: How To Install Oracle Java 8 In Debian Via Repository [JDK8] ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog

and for Ubuntu/Linux Mint here: Install Oracle Java 8 In Ubuntu Or Linux Mint Via PPA Repository [JDK8] ~ Web Upd8: Ubuntu / Linux blog

I have a Windows Server. How do I go about doing that? I’m not very familiar with java JDK

and thank you for responding

I’d say download the latest Oracle Java SDK here: Java SE Development Kit 8 - Downloads and you should be okay.

Thank you. Really appreciate the response.

I’m going to try this during the weekend.

I have the same problem, i change java openjdk to sun jdk,and it worked!