The Ignite Realtime Community is thrilled to announce the availability of Openfire 4.2.1. But wait, you may wonder why Openfire 4.2.0 was not announced nor blogged about. The answer is that after a soft release of Openfire 4.2.0, we noticed a number of folks hitting a database schema issue that would cause logins to fail. We decided to turn around a fix for that issue and now fully announce the new release.
So what has changed with Openfire 4.2? A lot! Some highlights:
- XEP-0237 Roster Versioning
- Server to Server (s2s) is more robust
- The websocket functionality, previously in a plugin, was merged into core
- The Admin Console now has a Pub-Sub administration interface
- You can now manually test a Server to Server connection on the Admin Console
- XEP-0198 Client Resumption is now available
- A lot of polish and new handy functionality was added to the Admin Console
- Openfire plugin loading is much more robust
The changelog denotes the full listing of Jira issues addressed in this release and 4.2.0.
Here is a listing of
sha1sum values for the release binaries, which can be found on our download page.
Please let us know of any troubles you find by either visiting our webchat or creating posts in our Discourse Openfire Dev Forum. Thanks for using Openfire!