The Ignite Realtime Community is thrilled to announce the availability of Openfire 4.2.1. But wait, you may wonder why Openfire 4.2.0 was not announced nor blogged about. The answer is that after a soft release of Openfire 4.2.0, we noticed a number of folks hitting a database schema issue that would cause logins to fail. We decided to turn around a fix for that issue and now fully announce the new release.
So what has changed with Openfire 4.2? A lot! Some highlights:
- XEP-0237 Roster Versioning
- Server to Server (s2s) is more robust
- The websocket functionality, previously in a plugin, was merged into core
- The Admin Console now has a Pub-Sub administration interface
- You can now manually test a Server to Server connection on the Admin Console
- XEP-0198 Client Resumption is now available
- A lot of polish and new handy functionality was added to the Admin Console
- Openfire plugin loading is much more robust
The changelog denotes the full listing of Jira issues addressed in this release and 4.2.0.
Here is a listing of
sha1sum values for the release binaries, which can be found on our download page.
a038d417784f6d623014ba88013407f3d36792ac openfire-4.2.1-1.i686.rpm 6c8886834b9b7d2ce6144d7ce23d3e47bbff91bd openfire-4.2.1-1.noarch.rpm 34bb23661c77b27a37572532fa23a0f8c6459015 openfire-4.2.1-1.x86_64.rpm 8a66b230323a9231dc2aca6ae7288186e56d5315 openfire_4.2.1_all.deb bcf543c65c1bf22da8c05413646230f30a60b378 openfire_4_2_1_bundledJRE.exe 947ef8ee8c08c527d1c3932bec7ea580b3c08956 openfire_4_2_1_bundledJRE_x64.exe a4ec386f9eb6cf4078b505ec57d007c799853034 openfire_4_2_1.dmg 922bb44ed7b72b75d781f1091978cb4759575112 openfire_4_2_1.exe 750524d79a18e8c6c38702f980dec961fa102f82 openfire_4_2_1.tar.gz 6d04e462bc7a5b39701d7dd1538c5508bdeff339 openfire_4_2_1_x64.exe 00b6a27057bac2b26ba6084b6606ca1ee449fc18 openfire_4_2_1.zip e918dfbfcd91d6f0562d20aa0600266db5f855e7 openfire_src_4_2_1.tar.gz 7e82909a7e9a55ed71483b054e61d0ec95b0cccf openfire_src_4_2_1.zip