The Ignite Realtime Community is thrilled to announce the promotion of a beta quality release of Openfire 4.4.0! Please test out this release and let us know how it goes by reporting your feedback in the Community Forums. We’d like to turn around a formal release sooner than later!
- Numerous improvements and bug fixes around Openfire’s caching. The administrative console now provides a detailed look into cache usage as well as the ability to selectively remove individual cache entries.
- Improvements to Openfire’s stability and performance whilst in clustering mode.
- The Admin Console will now show software versions, whenever possible, of the remotely connected client and server.
- Java 11 should be fully supported and usable with this release. This includes using OpenJDK.
- Plugin loading should be much more robust and the Admin Console now reports more information about the plugins loaded along with better UI interaction whilst updating plugins.
- Openfire makes heavy usage of Apache MINA and Jetty, both of which libraries have been updated for this release.
Here’s a listing of
sha1sums for the release and you can find the downloads here.
b44a621f491b33d35d138b8a9d1c041558dacf8f openfire-4.4.0-0.2.beta.i686.rpm ddb4871e2dbb83b10d4d6e227869f0294253d8f8 openfire-4.4.0-0.2.beta.noarch.rpm 172c9aa94353717d824bfdf13741a9be614f7e54 openfire-4.4.0-0.2.beta.x86_64.rpm 72b4ab488fb7a0116482fbb53709887b41213377 openfire_4.4.0.beta_all.deb ceb8f315e6327d34887685b7630eba273202cf5b openfire_4_4_0_beta_bundledJRE.exe 3e5e384d3677da30f9817a10474c75579f6b606d openfire_4_4_0_beta_bundledJRE_x64.exe 9ff49a74679a14156c3331c7bc5ff64ed7ab8635 openfire_4_4_0_beta.dmg 4bbe3de332c44fd046ad078a7f86717611baead5 openfire_4_4_0_beta.exe 5a8cfd20a99c9c41ca6ce1a21017e36950540c36 openfire_4_4_0_beta.tar.gz 214c211b8be412c0ff75c8f59b9ce3f0bfd8d248 openfire_4_4_0_beta_x64.exe 370c897170d180744316a77beadc7452aa45120d openfire_4_4_0_beta.zip 759dc5ad17aee48cd7eecbd6b8656abd4f9f2d63 openfire_src_4_4_0_beta.tar.gz d79c1daf07ae1f07e819d6e324628d6a6aea4918 openfire_src_4_4_0_beta.zip
Thanks for your interest and usage of Openfire! Our live group chat is also useful to swing by and let us know how the beta is going for you! We are always interested in folks wishing to help out with development. Please stop by and say hi!