Today I tried to upgrade openfire 4.4.4 to 4.5.1 and as a result SSO stopped working. I can only log in by entering the login and password.
The first thing I did was check the logs on the Openfire server.
There was an error that I use an unencrypted method of connecting to LDAP. I tried to expose both LDAPS and StarTLS but this does not help. Below I apply Openfire logs after updating and Spark logs.
Here are two of my servers with SSO configured, I tried updating both the production server and the test server.
On both, after the upgrade, SSO stops working.I left the test server on version 4.5.1.
This production server
Ubuntu 16.04 lts
Java Version: 1.8.0_222 Private Build – OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM
this test server
Ubuntu 18.04 lts
Java Version: 11.0.6 Ubuntu – OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM