Openfire admin console shows current day as creation day for all users

Openfire 4.7.5 & 4.8.0 alfa
On Openfire admin console, under Users/Groups, Users, User summary, the Created column on the users list is showing the current day, instead of the user creations date. It’s showing the same day for all the users.

Hi Koos, thanks for reporting this issue.

This issue is very likely limited to instances of Openfire that use another user provider than the default one (for example, using an AD or LDAP provider, or one that reads from an external JDBC source). From the code, I see that the creation date (as well as the last modification date) for a user is defaulted to ‘now’. I believe this to be a small bug, as those dates are optional.

For LDAP/AD, the creation and last modification timestamps are mapped to the attributes createTimestamp and modifyTimestamp respectively. If those are available in your directory, then you could get this to work.

In the mean time, I’ve raised an issue for these dates to be absent rather than have an arbitrary value, when the external provider doesn’t provide a value. You’ll find that issue here: [OF-2768] - Ignite Realtime Jira