Openfire: Admin login failed

Hi All,

http://127.0.0.1:9090/login.jsp

user;- admin and passwd:- admin failed.

I tried changing the field of ofUser.password in the database (mysql). Still it is not accepting.

2009.05.05 17:14:29 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomai n(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:214)] Error authenticating domain with remote server: proxy.abc123.com
java.lang.ClassCastException
2009.05.05 17:14:29 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSes sion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:258)] Error trying to connect to remote server: abc123.com(DNS lookup: abc123.com:5269)
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(Unknown Source)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSess ion(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:253)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain (LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:185)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPa cket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(Ou tgoingSessionPromise.java:216)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
2009.05.05 17:14:29 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomai n(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:214)] Error authenticating domain with remote server: proxy.abc123.com
java.lang.ClassCastException

it looks to me like the LDAP bind account is not authenticating to the domain. this will prevent any other authentication. if you are bound to LDAP as I interpret the error, the built in admin account (admin) will not work.

I’m having exactly the same problem. Just installed OpenFire 3.6.4 on Win 2008 using embedded database and no external LDAP or anything. Launch the admin console and I can’t login with the details I’ve just provided. After unistalled/reinstalled, stopped/started. Makes no difference. What the heck is going on?

Had the same problem on RHEL5. Solved it with stopping and starting openfire after running setup.

-Richard

I also have this problem.

Just installed Openfire 3.6.4 on a Windows 2003 Server

External MS SQL 2005 server - on the same machine

No LDAP

Setup worked fine, then unable to login.

Restarted Openfire then i was able to login.

Logged out, now i cant get back in.

Restart it multiple times.

Please help, i would like to use this product.

Anyone know if there’s been any progress on this issue? It pretty much renders the entire programme unusable in my company.

Same problem here, but with Openfire 3.6.3 (on Debian 5.0 Linux, MySQL). The server works fine, shell-login works, but not the admin-login (out of the sudden). Noone here changed the password or did anything on the server for months (it works fine so far).

We restarted the server (a virtual machine on VMware vSphere) and the service, but nothing changed.

My boss wants me to add some new accounts, and I cannot do my job now.

Hi,

try http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/thread/41330#201653 - this could help.

LG