Openfire admin, Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 (BSD/Darwin 9.6 UNIX)

Forgive me in advance, but might it be possible to create an area for admins running Openfire on Mac OS X Server 10.5.7 (BSD/Darwin 9.6 UNIX),

as certain things could be slightly different.

Have Openfire installed and running for months now as an XMPP/Jabber test server for RTC /Unified Com, bound to AD, working fine.

Of course this is going to be only a small piece of a huge Unified Com undertaking (looking at Avaya One-X, actually impressive in many ways).

How the heck do you stop or start (restart) the openfire services in Mac OS X terminal as well as see the services (netstat, but not sure of the flags),

thanks in advance,

macguitarman

macguitarman wrote:

How the heck do you stop or start (restart) the openfire services in Mac OS X terminal as well as see the services (netstat, but not sure of the flags),

I’m not familiar with Mac OS X. But as it is *nix based, maybe it work similar. In linux version you can do:

/opt/openfire/bin/openfire stop

/opt/openfire/bin/openfire start

/opt/openfire/bin/openfire restart

/opt/openfire is the installation dir.

With netstat you should probably be looking for connections listening at 9090, 9091 and 5222 ports, though there can be more ports, depends on the settings of the server.

If you want to see a process, then you should look for java process (in linux top command shows it).

Thanks for the reply,

The install folder structure is different in BSD (Mac OS X Unix)

/usr/local/openfire/bin,

in the bin directory are:

openfire-dev.bat

openfire.bat

openfire.sh

are the only files there

stop, start, restart, commands come back as “commands not recognized”

thanks,

mgm

What if you try this commands with openfire.sh? Also, can you try downloading the linux version. It has openfire in bin directory. Though this file maybe has to be changed to executable with chmod +x command.

God knows what the commands are for OS X,

But I found this in Sys Prefs, Openfire, Status, Stop/Start,

that is all I needed, often times, Openfire (in our test env) I would have to Stop the services and do some work,

If you dont Stop the Openfire server, things can get messed up.

This will help,

thanks,

mgm

Oh, i forgot that OS X version has the graphical launcher app like Windows version has I’m using this also in my Windows installation.

macguitarman wrote:

Thanks for the reply,

The install folder structure is different in BSD (Mac OS X Unix)

/usr/local/openfire/bin,

in the bin directory are:

openfire-dev.bat

openfire.bat

openfire.sh

are the only files there

stop, start, restart, commands come back as “commands not recognized”

thanks,

mgm

This does work it’s just the openfire.sh file is not executable.

Run chmod a+x /usr/local/openfire/bin/openfire.sh

then run /usr/local/openfire/bin/./openfire.sh start | stop | restart

This should work

To stop service:

sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.jivesoftware.openfire.plist

To start service:

sudo launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.jivesoftware.openfire.plist