Openfire and Active Directory nicknames with Spark conferences

Hello,

I’m using Openfire 3.6.3 and Spark 2.5.8, managing all users in Active Directory. For the most part, it works extremely well. The only issue I have is when doing conferences (multi-party chats), instead of using the AD displayName as a nickname, Spark uses the username/sAMAccountName. If a user has configured a manual nickname in Spark, that always overides the name from AD (as it should). This isn’t a problem in 1-1 chats, only in multi-party chats.

I’ve been searching around the forums, and think I have all of the right pieces in place. Is this a bug, or a misconfiguration on my part? Configuration details are below. None of this is in openfire.xml – that only really has jdbc info. Everything below looks like it’s in the database somewhere.

Thanks,

Rich

From my System Properties:

ldap.nameField displayName

ldap.nickname displayName

ldap.usernameField sAMAccountName

ldap.vcard-mapping
{displayName}

{mail}

{displayName}
{displayName}

{homePostalAddress}
{homeZip}
{co}

{streetAddress}
{l}
{st}
{postalCode}
{co}

{homePhone}

{mobile}

{telephoneNumber}

{mobile}

{facsimileTelephoneNumber}

{pager}

{title} {department} ]]>"><![CDATA[ {displayName} {mail} {displayName} {displayName} {homePostalAddress} {homeZip} {co} {streetAddress} {l} {st} {postalCode} {co} {homePhone} {mobile} {telephoneNumber} {mobile} {facsimileTelephoneNumber} {pager} {title} {department} ]]>

I am dealing with this issue as well. I am running Spark 2.6.3 and Openfire 3.7.1. We have users supplied by Active Directory. Users are currently frustrated by having their usernames displayed in the chat room contact list rather than their more user friendly displayNames (as provided by the Spark Contacts window) shown.

OF 3.7.1, spark 2.6.3, 1-1 chats are beautiful. MUCs works, but frustratingly showing sAMAccountName(s)…

1 Like