Openfire and Jitsi

Hi,

I will use Jitsi with Openfire, but it dont works. I have Openfire on my ubuntu based server in revision 3.8.2. When I’m using Pidgin or Smack framework then I have no problems, but a connection with same account over Jitsi is impossible. I’m take Jitsi 2.2 x64 and get the error, you can see in attachment, after a login trail. A test with a other account on a eJabbered server runs without problems for Pidigin and Jitsi. Have anyone ideas where is the problem at using Openfire and Jitsi?

Best regards,

SmartXmpp

Check your Openfire log files and use the Openfire xmldebugger plugin to get a trace of the XMPP message flow between Jitsi and Openfire.

I use Jitsi with Openfire and it works fine for me.

Thanks for the response but where can I find the trace? I have installed the Debugger plugin and enabled it in the system properties, but I can’t found a message flow or XML output at the log files.

It will be in stdout and that depends on your OS and how you started Openfire. I use from OPENFIRE_HOME/bin

./openfire.sh >../logs/stdout.log &

on Linux when debugging issues

sorry but a openfire.sh is not available at my ubuntu based system. I have installed openfire with the .deb from this site and control it with:

sudo /etc/init.d/openfire {start|stop|restart|force-reload}

But over the service control is no output from debugger plugin available…