Openfire and login not working

Hello,

I had a very strange Openfire problem today. Openfire 3.7.1 on Debian squeeze, using MYSQL database and LDAP (Windows domain controller) for authentication.

Openfire was working fine and I could log into the admin console earlier, after this some users were not able to log in and the admin console would not accept logins but existing sessions were fine. After restarting Openfire, no one could log in and the admin console was not accessible. Networking wise, nothing changed with the domain controller and the was no problem with network conenctivity between the Openfire server and the domain controller.

I set the setup flag to false in openfire.xml and restarted openfire. I was able to access the admin console, rerun setup and add in the same domain controller and complete setup successfully. After this all users could log in and I could access the admin console again. I am trying to establish why this happened and how to prevent it again as its a large production environment (Around 400 concurrent users).

Has anyone had this problem before or any ideas what may have caused this? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

go and install the java monitor plugin for openfire at

http://community.igniterealtime.org/blogs/ignite/2009/08/18/new-openfire-monitor ing-plugin

Hello Dele, Thank you for suggesting the plugin, unfortunately as in my other post I cant install this because of security and conencting to an outside server. I’m going to try and recreate the issue in my test environment because I read in a previous thread on here that it might be to do with openfire.xml getting corrupted.