powered by Jive Software

Openfire - Changing Settings and/or Resetting Cache messes up IQ

Hi,

I have here an IQ request to the server:

   <query xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items](http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items)">

And I expect to have a response like this one:

   <query xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items](http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#items)">

The response normally returns correctly. However, if I change some settings in the “System Properties” and or Reset the Cache, the IQ Get Request returns an empty list of items.

I also tried sending the below IQ:

   <query xmlns="[http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info](http://jabber.org/protocol/disco#info)">

And I get a service-unavailable exception.

I am able to replicate this bug consistently by setting system properties and resetting the cache.

Restarting the OpenFire Server fixes this bug but I hope there is a more elegant way to fix this issue.

Regards,
Ryan

I suspect this is the same issue as in OF-114

Thanks Daryl for the reply.

I noticed that this has been an issue for a long time now. And looks like no fix is coming in the near future. We may end up adding the restart of the openfire server as an administrative task that we do whenever we need to reset the cache or set some server properties.