Openfire Crash - Won't Restart

Hello - We are a school in the middle of a construction project, had a power outage and when server came back up - and tried to restart Openfire - Getting these error messages - would love some help - we rely on openfire for our teachers to communicate with each other.

2008.11.21 11:18:50 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:92)

] Prototype

java.sql.SQLException: error in script file line: 92129 java.io.IOException: java.io.IOException: Unexpected end of command

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.sweep(Prototyper.java:102)

at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.PrototyperThread.run(PrototyperThread.java:44)

Let me know what you think might be happening? I thought it might be losing connection to the database - but we are using the internal one.
MUCEventDispatcher.java (3144 Bytes)
MUCEventListener.java (3226 Bytes)
LocalMUCRoom.java (99244 Bytes)
ClearspaceMUCTranscriptManager.java (12543 Bytes)
GroupConversationInterceptor.java (6621 Bytes)

Do you have a backup of you database? I would try to switch those database temporarily to be sure this error isnt caused by a corruption in the database.

If i am using the internal database - would it have made a back-up - or where would I look for the back-up at?

Well. In that case you don’t have a backup. And this is bad. It can be corrupted not only in a result of crash and you should always have at least a few days old backup. Internal database is stored in /openfire/embedded-db dir. Also, you can try to reinstall Openfire (copy your database to some other place before that) and see if that helps.

Hi,

you may want to make a copy of the embedded-db/ directory and then use an editor and look at the files in this directory. Especially at line 92129 in openfire.script or openfire.log which may be the last line and which may be incomplete. So try to figure out what Openfire was doing and delete at least this or more lines. The more lines you delete the more information you will loose (you will roll back the database).

Maybe it’s just RRD / monitor plugin information, then you need to delete the single line. Changes of something are stored in this file as “DELETE …\nINSERT …” in this script, so if there is a broken INSERT you may need to delete also the DELETE line.

I hope that this helps.

You may also want to tweak the openfire.properties file and set hsqldb.log_size=20 to limit the file size of openfire.log to 20 MB.

Just make a simple file copy of embedded-db/ to get a backup. You usually get a useful backup unless a checkpoint does occur (checkpoint = openfire.log reaches 20 MB and is merged into openfire.script).

LG