Openfire Crashing Every Day

We are running Openfire 4.3.2. In the past couple of months, we have gotten to the point where someone has to manually log in every morning and restart the Openfire service for clients to be able to connect. We are at our wit’s end. Has anyone seen this behavior before and maybe have suggestions to resolve?

Thanks.

Could you give more details and attach the log files? Maybe it is helpful to increase the loglevel to debug…
Is OF running under windows or Linux?
Java Version?
Is it a virtual maschine or hardware host?
How much Ram is available and how much is consumed by OF when the issue occurs?
Does the admin console show “invalid session” on sessions tab?

It’s running on a Windows VM, Java 8 Update 261, with 16GB of RAM. I’ll have to find the logs and the other info. Unfortunately I inherited this environment and was provided no documentation and there was no knowledge transfer about this software. Thanks.

openfirelogs.zip (483.8 KB)

Sharing the logs from the past 24 hours.

Thanks. Are you for certain that there are not multiple version of Openfire running?

2021-08-09 15:46:38,086 Timer-1 ERROR Unable to delete file C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\bin…\logs\all.log: java.nio.file.FileSystemException C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\bin…\logs\all.log: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Additionally, when openfire crashes next, please first save the stderror.log and stdout.log files before restarting openfire

stdout.log (1.3 KB)
stderror.log (721 Bytes)

Here are those files. Plus I just checked and I see this:

Is there a way to safely remove one instance without blowing the whole thing up?

Greetings,

A number of things here. You really need to be running the latest release of Openfire to get the most help here. I suspect the two versions shown differ in arch type with the first being 32 bit? I am not a windows guru to know best how to workaround that problem,but I suspect both versions are currently running and causing grief.