Openfire DB not connecting

Getting the error under the logs in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Openfire\logs

org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager - Failed to create the connection provider specified by connectionProvider.className. Using the default pool.
java.lang.NullPointerException
AND
org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager - I/O Error: Connection reset
java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset
AND
org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties - ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset
java.sql.SQLException: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection after 11 retries. The exception from the last attempt is as follows: java.sql.SQLException: I/O Error: Connection reset

Since the connection is not established, the Openfire service starts and stops.
Running Openfire version =25 on Windows server 2008 R2

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

=25 is not a version of Openfire. What database and its version is used? This seems like an authentication issue, bad database password, permissions, etc.

I see version=25 in ofVersion table in openfire DB. Let me see where else I can find the correct version.

You can find the version by going into its installation folder and opening the changelog.html. The version at the top will be yours. If it worked before and now shows this error, something has changed on the database side (password, permission, firewall, etc.).

Openfire version is: 4.1.6

Any suggestion please ?
To me it looks like the connection is not established due to some misconfiguration.
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Openfire, that didn’t fix.

AS soon as openfire service starts, due to unable to connect the DB, it stops.

My suggestion is the same. Check the database. Does the user you are using to connect to it have permissions, no firewall blocking the connection from Openfire, etc.

Hi Wroot,

I did check that the user has permissions to the DB. How to check the firewall?

Try disabling it temporarily, if you can (on the server with the database).