Openfire Disco MUC Support

On sending a discover info request to my local Openfire server prior to installing version 3.8.2 I used to get this “<feature var='http://jabber.org/protocol/muc’/>” indicating MUC support. Version 3.8.2 supports MUC of course, but a discovery info request does not indicate this. Have a look at the XML dump below for what I am getting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Dump-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------Dump-- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------

Hello,

Is the MUC service loaded at the time you send this request? We have seen some issues whereby MUC does not load at startup and perhaps this is why openfire is not reporting it as available feature.

daryl

Hi Daryl,

I think it is loaded because regardless of whether MUC support is indicated in Dico info request or not I am still able to create rooms, enter rooms etc.

Don.