Openfire disconnect users immediatly

Hello,

I’m running a digitalocean machine with 1GB or RAM. I’ve installed the openfire 4.0.2 version. Everything seems to be fine, but as soon some user login, it gets disconnected immediately. I’ve set the idle timeout setting to -1 which means it shoulnd’t disconnect the users if they are idle.

Can anyone please help me in this regard.

THanks.

I have having the same problem using openfire 4.0.2 with the jitsi client 2.9… however, if I downgrade to 4.0.1 or 3.10.2 and the problem goes away…

I’ve had a problem with Jitsi client in the past, that it was disconnecting every minute (i think i was using 3.10.x at that time). But as every other client was working fine i just throw away Jitsi I know that @speedy uses Jitsi. Maybe he can comment on that. I’m using embedded database with Openfire.

wroot. Problem solved! I am using ubuntu 16.04 LXC and only openjava-7-jre installed, then I read one of your comments that 4.0.2 requires openjava-7-jre to install, but openjava-8-jre to run. After I installed openjava-8-jre, Openfire 4.0.2 works flawlessly

I have just tried again both 2.8 and 2.9.5521 x86 versions of Jitsi with my Openfire 4.0.2 (on Windows 7 x64) and it still disconnects and reconnects every ~30 seconds. Don’t know what is it with that client.

I see this in Info logs:

2016.06.13 11:00:25 org.jivesoftware.openfire.muc.spi.LocalMUCUser - Chat client attempted to access unimplemented feature

My Server Environment

root@openfire:~# uname -r 4.4.8-1-pve
root@openfire:~# java -version
openjdk version "1.8.0_91"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_91-8u91-b14-0ubuntu4~16.04.1-b14)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.91-b14, mixed mode)
root@openfire:~# dpkg -l |grep openfire
ii  openfire 4.0.2 all A high performance XMPP (Jabber) server.

My Client Version 2.9.5521 x64 with latest Oracle 8 jre update 91 installed.

The connection is very stable and flawless now.

I think i have found a reason why it disconnects every 30 seconds for me. My idle policy is 30 seconds and when i create an account in Jitsi in the summary page it says that Sending keep alives is False. But i can’t find a setting to change that on the account creation dialog. And another annoyance is that it for some reason can’t work on the localhost when i specify an account name as user@domain. I MUST put user@localhost for it to work. Weird client…

jitsi is not an ideal client for xmpp, but if using both sip and xmpp combo, jitsi is one of the better choice. The above screenshot shows where jitsi can change keep alive setting… and definitely it is very user-unfriendly

Thanks for the hint. Somehow missed that in the list (filtering helps). I have set it to true for every account and restarted Jitsi, but it still disconnects every 30 seconds. Whatever… Yes, we have actually considered Jitsi when switching from the outdated Exodus client. It is nice it have a built-in support for voice chat. But we have picked Spark. I dislike its GUI (especially the chat window). And in general. Like they don’t state a latest stable version number on the site. So the only thing to check the version is to install Jitsi… And the main communication platform is mailing lists. So last century to me. I know many projects are using mailing lists, but i just can’t make myself to use one

1 Like

I mainly use spark…I use jitisi a little bit…mainly for testing sip and a few other things. I with both of you guys…its not user friend and I dislike the gui too…but the voice/video works nice with it…if only we could get those into spark! some day

1 Like