Openfire does not start with windows services

Estimates
For some unknown reason I Spark validates
user or the server until you run Openfire Server.
This is strange because the service C: \ Program
Files \ Openfire \ bin \ openfire-service.exe this up and it
Looks good.
Les Spark copying the log when you can not connect

05/10/2009 08:44:41 org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

GRAVE:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Not connected to server.

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.addPacketListener(XMPPConnection.java:683 )

at org.jivesoftware.sparkimpl.plugin.jabber.JabberVersion.initialize(JabberVersion .java:47)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.PluginManager$1.run(PluginManager.java:404)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

05/10/2009 08:44:41 org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log error

When you say it is up and it looks good, can you connect to the admin site for openfire from a remote PC, are the firewall ports open for the openfire-service.exe, can you port scan the PC to verify the ports are open, etc?

The ports are ok, the problem is that until you run the application on the server openfireserver.exe clients can not connect despite being up server services C:\Program Files\Openfire\bin\openfire-service.exe. Sorry about my English by google

I have never run the gui openfire app in windows. I only ever use the service. I do not even use the gui app to launch into the config. You should not need to use it either.

If indeed should be so, but each to see that reboot the server, openfire services raised well, but customers do not switch to turn on the GUI. This is running on windows server 2003

so with a server reboot and without launching the gui app can you reach the openfire admin page from a browser? if not the service is not running properly. I would remove it and reinstall the service.

If you tried to reinstall the service but still with the same problem.

I have an identical situation.

After a reboot, the Openfire service says it’s up and running, but trying to log in with Spark or on the GUI displays an error (the GUI says it can’t validate the password).

If I then restart the Openfire service, after about 3 mins I can log in properly.

I initially thought it was an issue with the service starting before others, so I added a dependency for the Openfire service on Print Spooler, but that did not change the behaviour.

Anyone else got any ideas?

It’s been a long time since this thread but i had the exact same problem with the windows service not responding to spark clients.

I set the service to Automatic Delayed start and it now works ok.

win 2008 x86 - VM