Openfire - Emoticons not working in conference

Hi there -

Hope I’m posting this in the right place. We have an OpenFire 3.9.3 Windows server running. We’ve setup the XMPP server and have two conferences. When trying to post custom emoticons into the conferences, they will display as just a red “X” to the rest of the conference participants. They work fine over a single instant message. And once you send the emoticon to someone via an instant message, they can then see the custom emoticon over the conference. It seems like they are unable to download it over the conference. Any reason why this would be?

Most of the conference participants, if not all, are using Pidgin.

Bumping.

Any help?

I’m having the same exact issue running 3.9.3 on CentOS. The conference’s custom smileys were working prior to the upgrade to the latest version, but for now it seems that the smiley won’t get transferred via chatroom, only directly.

Tested in 1:1 Chat / IMs: Working fine here with PNGs

Tested in Conversaion: Fails, only the image-missing “document with red x” icon shows

If I can provide you with further information/logs: Please tell me where to enable/find them.

Version:
Openfire 3.9.3

Environment

Java Version:
1.7.0_55 Oracle Corporation – Java HotSpot™ Server VM
Appserver:
jetty/7.x.y-SNAPSHOT
OS / Hardware:
Linux / i386

Clients:

Pidgin 2.10.11

Edit 2015-01-04:

Some people in the chat report seeing the custom emoticons in the MUC after them beeing used in an IM-chat.

I was able to see this for myself in some cases, but nothing overly reproducable.