Openfire external db authentication

Hello There,

I have been checking this for a while, but not able to find a solution. I don’t am i totally new here or am i missing some configuration steps.

I am using openfire 3.10.2

There are few issues that i am running into while configuring openfire xmpp with external db for authentication

I have made all the configuration changes through admin panel like providing jdbcAuthProvider and all. If you guys wants to see them i can paste those configuration here.

Also i have configured “provider.classname.user” so that openfire loads the users from external database - This has been successful and i can see list of users from external db

However Authentication is where I am facing issue after doing the configuration changes.

Here are the issues that I am facing; -

1. In Admin console under logs and info i can see the reported message as - “org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.SASLAuthentication - User Login Failed. PLAIN authentication failed for: user” ; - To test external db authentication i am trying to login through the client Spark and it gives me message - “Invalid username or password”

2. Also when i try to login into the admin panel with external db admin credentials it gives me message - “Login failed: make sure your username and password are correct and that you’re an admin or moderator.” I checked the logs and there its been reported as - “org.jivesoftware.admin.LoginLimitManager - Failed admin console login attempt by admin from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Can anyone please help me out fixing and integrating with external db

Thanks & Regards

Raj

Hello Guys,

Any one? can someone please provide help or guidance?

Hello Guys,

anything on this?

Hello There,

Please, any one there?

Please respond, Its bit urgent here

Please guide

Thanks

Does log in with Spark works fine?

You may need to configure the admin.jid /admin.user property properly - see Openfire Properties .