No, we are using Openfire 4.1.4. at our FreeBSD 11.1 server.
Yes, the logs says there was a bad login, but thats all.
This afternoon I decided to try it one more time. So a fresh install, deleted everything what was referred to openfire or spark. On other topics I’ve read its necessary to stop Openfire when the setup was completed. After that, I restarted the server and I was still able to login. (for now)
Monday we will configure all the encryption/certificate features. When applied and the problems turns back, we can define Openfire is not able to support the switch from plain-text to encrypted accounts.
If that is the case, we need still a solution to fix that. But I don´t want to overwalk into the facts, lets await what happen next monday.
Thanks for now and have a nice weekend you all!