OpenFire HSQLDB

Hello Ya’ll

Alright, I feel stupid… I have a standard Openfire install, that uses the embedded database, and authenticates against Active Director. It is installed on Server 2003, and is the most recent version.

One of my plugins is the Monitoring/Archiving plugin. I am trying to find the database, so I can rotate the archived messages. I have the HQ SQL Database manager running, and I can see the system tables. But, I cannot for the life of me, find the tables that store the messages. I understand they are supposed to be in ofMessageArchive and ofConversations. All I want to do is move some older messages… can someone please help me find where these tables are?

Thank you

Rob

Hi Rob,

Your HSQLDB “tables” only exist in the openfire.script flat file that is located in your OPENFIRE_HOME/embedded_db directory. Unfortunately, in order to prune your tables you’ll have to shutdown Openfire, open up the openfire.script file and manually remove the older ofMessageArchive and ofConversations related insert statements. HSQLDB is a great database but when it is running in embedded mode and is being used to archive information it can be difficult to work with. You might want to look into using a different standalone database like MySQL or SQLServer.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Ahh… Thank you for clearing that up for me. I guess my next step will be, as you suggested, MySQL or MSSQL. I didn’t realize how all of it was tied together.

Thank you again for taking the time to explain this to me.

Rob