Openfire JDBC Driver

Hello!
The other day I created a new VM in order to test out the version of Openfire 4.1.6. Currently, we are using 3.7.1 and I wanted to see what the benefits were to upgrading. However I don’t know much about databases, and because I didn’t setup the original installation, I’m not what to put in the field “JDBC Driver Class” during initial setup. On our current setup I found the JDBC driver and DB Connection URL under Server Manager<Database (JDBC Driver= “jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase”), but I’m not sure what to input on my new installation. Is it something else I have to install?

On the 3.7.1 install, does the Database page list the property like so, in my case postgresql, but should look similiar to what you use

DB Connection URL:	jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/nwschat-openfire

That is what can be used for 4.1.7, assuming you are using the same database backend.

Yes it does! I did copy and paste the DB Connection URL from the old to the new installation and that seems to work, no problem. But the JDBC Driver Class field is actually what I’m having issues with. The example setup has is “net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver” which doesn’t look like anything that I’m familiar with. In my 3.7 installation the JDBC driver is “jTDS Type 4 JDBC Driver for MS SQL Server and Sybase”, but when I copy and paste that into the new installation it errors out:
"Unable to load the specified JDBC driver. Please verify the name of the driver is correct and that the driver is in the classpath of this server (usually the ‘lib’ directory). If you add a driver to your classpath you will neeed to restart the server."
Sorry if that’s not clear.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?

Nope, I’m an idiot. Looked in the logs and there was a second database that it needed to connect to.

Thank you for your help!