openFIRE management

Hi, how would i manage my openfire IM network where i deploy this type of setup—> i got 2 sections ADMIN side and the regular employee side.

i setup users for all the employess and categorizing it based on there job description, ADMIN or Regular employee.

now im using Clinet SPArk for the deploy–> i want to setup that my ADMIN can be able to add user, group and do other stuff like broadcast message and for my regular employees they cant add up user, group and do broadcast message, and that particular ADMIN user only have to appear on there contacts. but ADMIN can do all see the regular employee. Please help how do i implement this on my openfire. do need what type of plugins…

Thanks all.

anyone have idea or suggestions for this…

Guys anyhelp out there…? any sysAdmin using openFire…

If i understand you question right, then… you dont have to do anything. You already have an admin account, and you can login with it and do server administration. If you want everyone to see this admin in their roster, then create a shared group, put admin user into that group and share this group to everyone.

how about employee no permission to add contacts on user and group, not able to broadcast a message…

What client do you use?

“no permission to add contacts on user and group” does this mean not to add to a group on a server or to a local this user’s constact list? Speaking about local contacts list, then you will have to change your clients source code and remove such functionality (adding of contacts). Some client control is available for Spark client, with the Client Control plugin of Openfire. You can disable broadcasts there.