Openfire Plug-In Problem

Hi everyone,

i am writing a small “demo” plugin in preparation of a larger project, and i would like to add some pages to the administration console.

I followed the plugin develper guide, and i got the console to display a new tab, but when i click on it, i only see an empty page, the logs tell me the following:

2007.08.17 17:52:43 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:104 )

java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleDevJSP(PluginServlet.ja va:398)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:89 )

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:491)

the line in question in PluginServlet.java reads:

Plugin plugin = pluginManager.getPlugin(pluginName);

where pluginName is derived from the URI of the plugin JSP, such as /demo/demo-home.jsp

so i figured my plugin is not integrated correctly, resulting in pluginManager’s failure to locate it. but if i try this line in my own plugin, it gives me the correct plugin reference.

I have no Idea why this doesn’t work, the JSP is nothing more than an empty page without any java code.

Any Ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Hannes

try this:

Plugin plugin = XMPPServer.getInstance().getPluginManager().getPlugin(pluginName);

Coolcat