Openfire plugin issues

Hi!

I’ve tried to get Email on Away plugin running on my openfire-server - after testing, i deleted it and each time i go back to openfire plugin , it shows up again . I have deleted it over 5 times and it keeps coming back.

I also installed a new plugin and it doesnt show as list of new plugin and its over 24hrs now.

from logs warn:

2014.12.03 02:26:19 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/contactsync/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar!/

2014.12.03 02:26:39 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/contactsync/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar!/

any help will be appreciated

Try stopping Openfire and removing leftover files and folders in Openfire/plugins/ manually.

hello

thanks

what is the the command line script for restarting openfire on centos ?

I’m not sure, but something like /pathtoinstallation/openfire/bin/openfire stop may work for stopping

To start one can use start, but then it will start in that ssh or desktop session, not as a service and you probably won’t want that. So maybe rebooting physical machine is better.

hello

we restarted the machine and its same#:

i see this in the log in admin portal: in Error

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :420)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :80)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1073)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknow n Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2014.12.03 12:38:37 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager - Error loading plugin: /opt/openfire/plugins/contactsync

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ContactSync

and in warmning

2014.12.03 13:27:17 org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginClassLoader - Failed to cache plugin JAR file: jar:file:/opt/openfire/plugins/contactsync/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar!/

The name of the plugin is contact sync

I meant that you should stop the machine and delete files manually, then start it again. Not just restart.

Hello

i did just that and it was same.

When you login to Admin Console, where does the Server Directory line points? Did you go to that directory and deleted both contactsync.jar and contactsync directory? If you did, it shouldn’t load it again, it just can’t. Well, i don’t know what this contactsync is. Maybe it installs in some other location or leaves its entries in the database somehow. Never had such issue that you can’t get rid of a plugin after manually deleting its files.

thanks, we fixed it

Hi ,

I am also facing same problem.

What is fix ? can u explain a bit please ?

Regards

Ram

If you delete the email on away folder and jar file in /opt/openfire/plugins then delete the email on away plugin in the admin console it goes away.

I would really just like to find how to configure the message it auto responds with,