Openfire remotly closing connection on users

I have recently started working at a company that has a openfire server with spark. This is not my first time using the software as at my previous position i setup their openfire. I am getting a few users that are randomly getting disconnected from the server. here are the logs from the events up untill the point of the next disconnect only difference between them is obviously the ip address for the individuals.

2013.02.19 15:26:09 org.jivesoftware.openfire.nio.ConnectionHandler - ConnectionHandler reports IOException for session: (SOCKET, R: /192.168.254.53:3606, L: /192.168.254.42:5222, S: 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:5222)
java.io.IOException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read0(Native Method)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketDispatcher.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.readIntoNativeBuffer(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.IOUtil.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.ch.SocketChannelImpl.read(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.read(SocketIoProcessor.j ava:218)
at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.process(SocketIoProcesso r.java:198)
at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor.access$400(SocketIoProce ssor.java:45)
at org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.SocketIoProcessor$Worker.run(SocketIoProce ssor.java:485)
at org.apache.mina.util.NamePreservingRunnable.run(NamePreservingRunnable.java:51)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

1 Like

We are having the same problem in our company. We have Openfire 3.8.0 server with Fastpath plugin installed.

We use Spark as a client for chat operators, and Fastpath Webchat as web client to users of our site.

Randomly, the customer’s talks are disconnecing and we are registring the same exceptions cited by mike. We are bringing several headaches to find the cause of the error…

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

Thanks

I would also like to add that i am running one of the nightly builds openfire 3.8.1 due to an error of the roster sharing after upgrading to 3.8.0.