OpenFire running on Windows 7 with embedded database

I’m running OpenFire 3.6.5 on Windows 7 with embedded database. I’m getting the following error on startup:

2010.04.26 10:13:40 Error occurred opening log file: C:\Program Files\Openfire\logs\debug.log (Access is denied)
2010.04.26 10:13:41 [org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnecti onManager.java:501)
]
java.sql.SQLException: The database is already in use by another process: org.hsqldb.persist.NIOLockFile@f7cf94a6[file =C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck, exists=true, locked=false, valid=false, fl =null]: java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Openfire\embedded-db\openfire.lck (Access is denied)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.sqlException(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver.connect(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ConnectionPool.getConnection(ConnectionPool.java:211 )
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.ProxoolDriver.connect(ProxoolDriver.java:89)
at org.jivesoftware.database.EmbeddedConnectionProvider.getConnection(EmbeddedConn ectionProvider.java:52)
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.setConnectionProvider(DbConnectio nManager.java:494)
at org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManager .java:79)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.loadProperties(JiveProperties.java:335)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.init(JiveProperties.java:73)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties$JivePropertyHolder.(JiveProperties .java:40)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveProperties.getInstance(JiveProperties.java:52)
at org.jivesoftware.util.JiveGlobals.getProperty(JiveGlobals.java:532)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.initialize(XMPPServer.java:298)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.start(XMPPServer.java:415)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.XMPPServer.(XMPPServer.java:161)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.start(ServerStarter.java:106)
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.starter.ServerStarter.main(ServerStarter.java:51)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.exe4j.runtime.LauncherEngine.launch(Unknown Source)
at com.exe4j.runtime.WinLauncher.main(Unknown Source)
2010.04.26 10:13:41 [org.jivesoftware.util.XMLProperties.saveProperties(XMLProperties.java:501)
]
java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Program Files\Openfire\conf\openfire.xml.tmp (Access is denied)

I have reinstalled and it continues to revert back to the same error. Attached is the complete log file
OPENFIRE ERROR.txt.zip (1019 Bytes)

Hi,

is the Openfire service already running? You may want to use the task manager and look for “openfire…”.
Or you or the service does not have permissions to read and write the “C:\Program Files\Openfire” directory and its contents.

LG

I see both openfire.exe (Launcher) and openfired.exe (Server) running as processes but not as Services. The server disappears from the process list after about 5 seconds. My account has full control permissions to C:\Program Files\OpenFire and all files and subdirectories.

Looks like the permissions on C:\Program Files\OpenFIire did the trick. Thanks for your help.

i’m having the same exact problem, can you give me a step by step of what you did to fix it?

Nevermind figured it out