OpenFire Setup & SQL 2005

I have been trying to set up OpenFire to run with SQL 2005 and am unable to complete the setup:

1. A user SVCOpenFire was set up specifically for OpenFire communciation on our domain
  2. A database called ‘OpenFire’ was created on our SQL2005 box with SVCOpenFire as the database owner
  3. OpenFire_SQLServer.sql query was run and has created tables on OpenFire database
  4. During the OpenFire setup process I am using the following paramerters for the SQL 2005 setup
  5. JDBC Driver Class: net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
  6. URL: jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://*:*1433/openfire;appName=jive
  7. User: <our_domain>\SVCOpenFire with password setup for account in Active Directory

The following error is returned in the error log:

2009.04.23 10:33:38 [org.jivesoftware.util.log.util.CommonsLogFactory$1.error(CommonsLogFactory.jav a:92)
] Prototype
java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user ‘<our_domain>\SVCOpenFire’.
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:368)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2816)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2254)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:602)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC2.(ConnectionJDBC2.java:344)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.ConnectionJDBC3.(ConnectionJDBC3.java:50)
at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:182)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(Unknown Source)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.DefaultConnectionBuilder.buildConnection(DefaultConn ectionBuilder.java:39)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.buildConnection(Prototyper.java:159)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.Prototyper.sweep(Prototyper.java:102)
at org.logicalcobwebs.proxool.PrototyperThread.run(PrototyperThread.java:44)

I did check and the SQL 2005 server is configured to listen on the default port of 1433 and is running in mixed mode.

Additional help or troubleshooting tips are appreciated.

If anyone else runs into this issue, I was able to resolve by moving away from the AD account.

I created a local SQL account with the same username and password and was able to then connect.

That is what I was going to suggest. Openfire tries to authenticate to SQL as an SQL user not as a domain user. I have never been able to get it to work any other way. BTW you may want to mark this as answered.

Marking this as answered.

Thanks Todd, I thought I had marked it already.