Openfire + Spark Licencing Question

Just a quick question, but I would like to know if I implement Openfire and Spark on a company network of about 100 computers, will I need to play licencing fees?

I don’t plan on using it outside of the company. I just wish to use the Open Source version to use internal to the company?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Currently there are no fees for Spark. The Openfire server can be used fee free unless you want to use the enterprise features. That would require a per user registration fee for the Openfire server.

Hey Andrew,

You can use the open source edition with no problem. You can find support in this forums. If you need personal support and are interested in the functionality provided by the enterprise edition you can later update your edition. If you are not bundling Openfire into your product you are also not violating any license agreement.

Regards,

– Gato

So the Open Source version of Openfire I do not need a licence for, but if I wish to use the Enterprise Features (I.E. Download the plugin) I need to then register for a per user / per seat licence? Correct?

Hey Andrew,

You can download and get an evaluation license for the enterprise edition. After the evaluation has expired you can buy a commercial or non-commercial license.

Regards,

– Gato