Openfire+Spark on Windows Server 2008 R2 with SSO

This is another document describing how to setup SSO with Openfire and Spark with Windows 7 and Server 2008 R2 by Jonathan Murch.

He has posted it on one of the threads. I haven’t seen it posted as a document yet, so this way it will be easier to find it.

I think it is a bit better structured and has more details than Speedy’s guide. Maybe someone will find this one easier to follow.
Openfire-Spark on Windows Server 2008 R2 with SSO.pdf (567416 Bytes)

1 Like

I welcome any feedback on this.

I’ve had working sso with spark and openfire till now. I get this from spark log:

2014-04-01 14:32:31 org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

SASL authentication failed:

– caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Illegal key size)]

at org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLMechanism.authenticate(SASLMechanism.java:121)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLGSSAPIMechanism.authenticate(SASLGSSAPIMechanis m.java:86)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 319)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:203)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1014)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$1200(LoginDialog.java:219)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$4.construct(LoginDialog.java:730)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:141)

Nested…

What can I do about it? ADDS and openfire is on server 2012, spark on win 7 x64.

I did everything according to this instruction and get this exception.

02.04.2014 11:35:00 org.jivesoftware.spark.util.log.Log warning

WARNING: Exception in Login:

SASL authentication failed:

– caused by: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: GSS initiate failed [Caused by GSSException: No valid credentials provided (Mechanism level: Server not found in Kerberos database (7))]

at org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLMechanism.authenticate(SASLMechanism.java:121)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.sasl.SASLGSSAPIMechanism.authenticate(SASLGSSAPIMechanis m.java:86)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticate(SASLAuthentication.java: 319)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.login(XMPPConnection.java:203)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.login(LoginDialog.java:1014)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel.access$1200(LoginDialog.java:219)

at org.jivesoftware.LoginDialog$LoginPanel$4.construct(LoginDialog.java:730)

at org.jivesoftware.spark.util.SwingWorker$2.run(SwingWorker.java:141)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Can you please describe in your guide SRV records, that needed for server lookup.

SRV records wasn’t mentioned, it worked without.

I have a openfire server on domain1 and users on domain2. Users are able to login just fine with their accounts but Im trying to get the SSO working and have followed the instructions within the PDF. Should the SSO work with different domains?

My errors are the same “unable to connect using Single SIgn-On. Please check your principal and server settings.” and

within the REALM setting I have tried both domains and the full “openfireSvr.domain1.net” as users show as "user1@openfireSvr.domain1.net" when they successfully login.

Thank you for any suggestions or if this setup will not work.

Michael

I have executed this procedure but still getting the error SASL: no authentication method

Anybody an idea?

Found the problem. The tag does not work it should be .

Stumbled on another problem like stated at the end of the “principal error” but can not seem to find what is wrong