Openfire stuck in loop launching and exiting threads

I have been having consistent issues trying to connect a client application to Openfire. For reference:

Java version: 1.7.0_79 Oracle Corporation – Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM
Openfire version: Openfire 3.9.3

When I connect the client returns no information, but Openfire reports the following in the debug logs:

2022.11.15 15:05:00 org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter - Launching thread for /192.168.43.133:63604
2022.11.15 15:05:00 org.apache.mina.filter.executor.ExecutorFilter - Exiting thread for /192.168.43.133:63604

This message is repeated roughly every 5ms and only stops when I terminated the client application.

I hope you can offer some insight into my problem.

You are using an ancient Openfire and ancient JRE. Try with the most current releases of both.

Unfortunately the client I am working for at the moment is using ancient infrastructure. Believe me if I could update the whole bunch I would do so immediately. Are there any known issues that you know of with this version that might have caused this? If updating everything is unavoidable I will advise them to do so.

Thank you for the help!

Openfire 3.9.3 was released on May 6, 2014. It is very unlikely that someone here will have first-hand experience using that version, I’m afraid. Digging into issues like this will cost quite a bit of effort, that is, frankly, non worth it for many of the volunteers here. If the need is high (and upgrading is out of the question), then you could consider contacting one of our commercial service providers that might want to take this on for a fee (for full disclosure: I’m also in that list).