Openfire Subscriptions - Java Out of memory

Hello everybody,

I’m a telecommunication engineer andI use Openfire to provide presence information to Voip Clients. I installed Openfire 3.6.4 on a Linux Gentoo Server with 2.5Ghz clock and 4Gb Ram. I have 34 clients in my network with everyone in everyone’s roster (subscription both for each member of the roster, in each roster). I have a very strange problem: in this configuration, with 500mb for Java virtual Machine (-Xmx512m), memory increases rapidly and the server takes just two hours to go out of memory. If I modify the roster subscription and I avoid to send presence messages from the server to a great part of the client, the problem fades away. It seems that the server, after receiving the presence from a client, each time it has to flood the presence to all contacts, it isnt’ able to manage efficiently memory allocation for a so large number of messages to send. Has someone idea fo the problem?

Moreover, when I type the netstat command on my linux machine, i can see that the number of network connections is less than the number of clients. I should have 34 connections (one for each client) but I can see only 23. Is it normal?

Thanks in advance!!

Hey,

tried to increase the jvm? Try smth. like INSTALL4J_ADD_VM_PARAMS="-Xms1024m -Xmx2048m".