OpenFire testing facility

How is the current OpenFire build tested? There is a nightly build, but when I downloaded the source, there was only minimal testing included. How are the builds currently verified?

I recently fixed some bugs with the pubsub implementation, but I could not find any tests against this module at all (or others it seems). Since I was also writing extensions for Smack as well to support pubsub, I used my Smack based pubsub testcases to test the OpenFire module as well. This is definitely not the best way to accomplish this, testing changes with a new and unproven code library, but it was the most convenient at the time. What is the current process for regression testing the codebase?

It would be nice if there was some sort of testing facility that simply input stanzas, straight from the spec, as strings and verified the results matched expectations. It would also have to verify that other users were notified as appropriate.

Any information and opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Robin

Hi,

I’m also looking for such a utility. I found the Tigase Test Suite, but it doesn’t work out of the box with Openfire (many errors on the authentication) and I haven’t spend much time at looking for bugs and how to fix them. I think such a tool could improve protocol compatibility and ease future component development.

Guenther

Two month ago there was a discussion in the XSF to implement a testing service. Maybe this could be used in the future to verify each svn commit or at least each release. I subscribed to the interop mailing list and will follow the further development.