powered by Jive Software

Openfire throwing errors looking for PEP service

Hello.

I’m trying to figure out if this is something wrong with how I’ve setup openfire or if this is a bug that I should file.

Openfire 3.4.3, linux, using an external auth, group and user database. Using the embedded db for the rest of openfire.

When I check the log, it has the following entry over and over again. If I l grep the embedded db I can’t find that table name at all. Does anyone have any ideas what this means?

Thanks for your time!

Jim

2008.01.18 09:38:55 org.jivesoftware.openfire.pep.IQPEPHandler.loadPEPServiceFromDB(IQPEPHandler.jav a:205)

java.sql.SQLException: Table not found in statement

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.Util.throwError(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcPreparedStatement.<init>(Unknown Source)

at org.hsqldb.jdbc.jdbcConnection.prepareStatement(Unknown Source)

at org.jivesoftware.database.AbstractConnection.prepareStatement(AbstractConnectio n.java:36)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pep.IQPEPHandler.loadPEPServiceFromDB(IQPEPHandler.ja va:185)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pep.IQPEPHandler.getPEPService(IQPEPHandler.java:368)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pep.IQPEPHandler.access$100(IQPEPHandler.java:82)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.pep.IQPEPHandler$1.run(IQPEPHandler.java:131)

Hey Jim,

Could you stop your server and open the file embedded-db/openfire.script and search for CREATE MEMORY TABLE PUBSUBNODE ? If you don’t have that then your database structure is not correct and you will need to regenerate it. Is this a fresh Openfire installation or is this an upgrade from an old version?

Thanks,

– Gato

I stopped the server and that table wasn’t in the script at all.

This was a clean install. Do you know if I can just drop in the statement for those tables rather than wiping out the db?

I ended up cutting and pasting the create tables section from an instance that I started up locally. The errors messages don’t seem to be happening anymore.

Thanks for your help!

Hey Jim,

Yep. That’s the way to go. Anyway, I’m curious why the tables were not created on the first place.

Regards,

– Gato

Not sure myself.

I asked the server admin to create a folder on a mount, but the moved the whole installed directory while openfire was running. I then ended up having to kill -9 the process and restart it from it’s new location. I suspect that was the issue, but I thought that the embeded db wrote to the filesystem often so that wasn’t likely to happen.

Either way I’ve got a fix now. Thanks!