Openfire to Openfire (s2s) not working

I have two new installs of openfire 4.5.1. Both with valid certs. I can connect to remote servers with no issues. But I can’t connect between the two Openfire servers using s2s port 5269. I confirmed both can connect to 5269. I confirmed the SSL cert is valid. The times are in sync. I am not sure why it is not working when I can do secure S2S with prosody, jabber and others.

I have tried with encryption disabled it doesn’t work either. So thinking either config issue or bug.

Here is the log after a s2s test connection from remote1 to remote2 . I get the same thing the other way:

Sending server to server ping request to remote2.com
An exception occurred while creating an encrypted session. Closing connection.
java.io.EOFException: input contained no data
at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.fillBuf(MXParser.java:3003) ~[xpp3-1.1.4c.jar:?]
at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:3046) ~[xpp3-1.1.4c.jar:?]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.MXParser.more(MXParser.java:372) ~[xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseProlog(MXParser.java:1410) ~[xpp3-1.1.4c.jar:?]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.net.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:337) ~[xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093) ~[xpp3-1.1.4c.jar:?]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.secureAndAuthenticate(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:481) ~[xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.createOutgoingSession(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:348) [xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.session.LocalOutgoingServerSession.authenticateDomain(LocalOutgoingServerSession.java:209) [xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.sendPacket(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:261) [xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:239) [xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
Unable to create a new outgoing session
Unable to create a new session: Dialback (as a fallback) failed.
Unable to authenticate: Fail to create new session.
Successful server to server response received.
Primary packet routing failed
org.jivesoftware.openfire.PacketException: Cannot route packet of type IQ or Presence to bare JID:
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routeToLocalDomain(RoutingTableImpl.java:306) ~[xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.spi.RoutingTableImpl.routePacket(RoutingTableImpl.java:239) [xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.returnErrorToSender(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:343) [xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at org.jivesoftware.openfire.server.OutgoingSessionPromise$PacketsProcessor.run(OutgoingSessionPromise.java:242) [xmppserver-4.5.1.jar:4.5.1]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1128) [?:?]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:628) [?:?]
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834) [?:?]
Failed to establish server to server session.

Thanks in advance

Ok, I did a clean install. Turned off require encryption. But seems it still tries. It looks like Openfire to Openfire s2s just doesn’t work. I can connect to prosody and other server, but I can’t link with other locations. Is there a workaround? Is there a version of Openfire that works?

Ok this looks like a java 11 issue. If I roll back to java 8 it seems to work. Now it seems http_upload is broken when you rolll back to Java 8. Adding remote users to group roaster is broken in 8, but works with 11.