OpenMeeting: Could NOT start open fire meetings ... bad address

Hi,

I installed “openfire_3.10.2_all.deb” (Ubuntu 14.04) and only the only plugin I added was “Openfire Meetings version 0.2.0” via “AdminConsole - Plugins section”.

After restarting the openfire server (service openfire stop; service openfire start) I can see the “Meetings” section in AdminConsole but I cannot open the URL https://localhost:7443/ofmeet (as described in the plugin readme: http://www.igniterealtime.org/projects/openfire/plugins/ofmeet/readme.html). In the error.log I see:

2015.10.04 07:59:32 org.ifsoft.sip.SipService - javax.sip.PeerUnavailableException: The Peer SIP Stack: gov.nist.javax.sip.SipStackImpl could not be instantiated. Ensure the Path Name has been set.

javax.sip.PeerUnavailableException: The Peer SIP Stack: gov.nist.javax.sip.SipStackImpl could not be instantiated. Ensure the Path Name has been set.

at javax.sip.SipFactory.createStack(SipFactory.java:324)

at javax.sip.SipFactory.createSipStack(SipFactory.java:165)

at org.ifsoft.sip.SipService.<init>(SipService.java:72)

at org.jitsi.jigasi.openfire.CallControlComponent.<init>(CallControlComponent.java :106)

at org.jitsi.jigasi.openfire.JigasiPlugin.initializePlugin(JigasiPlugin.java:48)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ofmeet.OfMeetPlugin.initializePlugin(OfMeetPlu gin.java:114)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.loadPlugin(PluginManager.java :477)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager.access$300(PluginManager.java :76)

at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginManager$PluginMonitor.run(PluginManag er.java:1068)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:304)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301 (ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:178)

at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Schedu ledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessor Impl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructor AccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:526)

at javax.sip.SipFactory.createStack(SipFactory.java:314)

... 15 more

Caused by: javax.sip.PeerUnavailableException: bad address xmpp

at gov.nist.javax.sip.SipStackImpl.<init>(SipStackImpl.java:679)

... 20 more

2015.10.04 07:59:32 org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.ofmeet.OfMeetPlugin - Could NOT start open fire meetings

The address “xmpp” (bad address xmp) is the name of my domain - I run it locally on my machine

Once I was able to make it running … with the same versions - but after trying to script it via Vagrant I was no more able (even manually) to make it running.

Do you have any idea? Is there some configuration missing (I have no more done than installing the OpenMeeting Plugin after fresh Openfire installation) or an additional Plugin?

I searched the IgniteRealtimeCommunity … but without any hint.

Thanks

coffee

I found the problem … too simple, the “xmpp” domain could not be resolved.

I added “127.0.0.1 xmpp” to /etc/hosts - now it is working :slight_smile: