OpenMeetings integration

Just came across this:

http://code.google.com/p/openmeetings/

Looks like an open source desktop sharing / live meeting app built on flash and Red5

Seems like a natural fit to integrate into the Red5 Openfire plugin

Anyone looked at it? Is integration feasible?

Any improvement on the desktop sharing currently in the Red5 plugin would be great!

Actually I take that back.

Downloaded OpenMeetings and found that it uses the same crappy Java webstart applet to do desktop sharing as Opendire/Red5 does

The big problem here is that it constantly complains about lack of bandwidth, even on a 100mbps LAN

Doesnt come close to the quality of Adobe Connect or Live Meeting

Downloaded OpenMeetings and found that it uses the same crappy Java webstart applet to do desktop sharing as Opendire/Red5 does

Serves you right for not first reading the Red5 readme file and changelog.

Since you consider it crappy, I suggest you develop your own version or better still take the source code to the Java webstart applet and improve on it till it become as good as Adobe Connect or Microsoft LiveMeeting

oh, oooooooouchhhhhhhhhh; that hurt

I am same mind as Dele and luckily he comment it first, as if it would be me it would be written different way.

For all of you out there to know - what ever you use and call “crappy” or other names is still result of people that worked hard for it.

There is a way to tell your opinion for things that can be improved without insulting. The first intention of this post was positive suggestion to improve desktop sharing. It could stay like that.

I am sure the publisher had good intention in mind. we need to exchange opinions in constructive way.

What ever you try or what ever is working for you or not is result of hard work of people from all over the world that try creating something.

Look this entire project from one year ago until today and see the improvement – the desk top sharing will be improved too some day.

If you want to contribute to improving the desktop sharing feature of the Red5 Plugin, start from here

_http://www.igniterealtime.org/community/blogs/ignite/2007/08/30/desktop-screen-s haring-with-openfire

Hi Team,

I have installed the Openfire 3.9.3 and then install the following plugins :

Debugger Plugin

Hazelcast Clustering Plugin

Openfire Meetings

Then reboot the server . But these plugins are not visible on server . ???

You need openfire 3.10