Oracle Connection setting error?

Hello everyone,

I am a new user of openfire. Normally when I used the embedded database to present the openfire server, they worked fine with Spark client. However, Today I want to switch to Oracle 10g database instead of embedded database; I got stuffed. I did follow the Database Installation Guide(the Oracle installation section,) and used the

string value just like: jdbc:oracle:thin:@[YOUR_HOST]:1521:[DATABASE_NAME] (in my case: I used: jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:Ucnt.) However, I got the error message and said:

2007.07.03 01:54:31 [org.jivesoftware.database.DbConnectionManager.getConnection(DbConnectionManage r.java:95)

] WARNING: ConnectionManager.getConnection() failed to obtain a connection.

in the log/error.txt file.

Does anyone have any idea about what is going on? How to solve the problem? oh, by the way, I used “ojdbc14.jar” driver and Oracle 10.2.0.1.0.

Your any response will be highly welcome.

Cai.

Hi Cai,

Your settings look correct; although there is a period after “Ucnt” which I assume you didn’'t enter in Openfire. Are you able to log into Oracle with an tool like SQLPlus?

Thanks,

Ryan

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I didn’'t put period at the end of the string. I can log on the Oracle database via using the SQLpuls with SYS or SYSMAN. And I did import the “openfire-oracle” schema into the database. But I still cannot set up oracle database for openfire through. Do you have some hints that I can follow?>

Cai.

i think i hit this error also.

under that screen, there is a Username and Password section.

you should set the username and password to be the one that logins to the Oracle database.

i had previously thought that this is meant for setting the user of wildfire.

hope it helps.

It still didn’'t work, does anyone know how to solve the problem? Plus, I think once I import the openfire schema using SQLplus, I can see the *tables *and views after I login the Oracle database using SYS user name? But I can not see them. What is the problem? I really count on the problem. Thanks

Hi,

I don’'t want to give you some Oracle support here, Oracle also uses this forum software for their forum. “Normal” Oracle administrators will use a new tablespace and a new user for Openfire, so I assume you did create the user “jive” with a random password and did run the sql script as “jive”. If you login as “jive” and run “select * from jiveVersion” should return “openfire 11”.

I’'m not sure if it helps to use another connection string like jdbc:oracle:thin:@YOUR_HOST:1521:service_name

You should find the service name in network/admin/tnsname.ora or in listener.ora. The service name may or may not be the same as the database name.

Maybe it helps to use jdbc:oracle:thin:username/password@YOUR_HOST:1521:service_name as the connection string.

LG