Oracle Database Min and Max Connections

I’'m using Openfire 3.3.2 with an Oracle database. When setting it up, there are parameters for the minimum and maximum number of database connections that Openfire keeps in its connection pool. Can anyone tell me where I can find out about the situations that would make it necessary to set these values to anything other than the default? What would be the symptoms of not having enough connections?

(Our database is on the same server as Openfire itself, so there won’'t be much communication delay in accessing it. We need to be able to support 100 concurrent users.)

Thanks

Hi,

for 100 users you may be fine with 2 database connections, so setting min/max to 5/10 should be fine. Openfire uses a database cache to minimize the read access and it does not store much information in the database. if you are using the Enterprise Plugin and enable archiving then it will store the chat logs in the database, anyhow i have no idea if it needs more than one connection to do this.

You should be able to monitor the used connections within Oracle or with “netstat -an|grep -c 1521” if you prefer unix commands.

LG