org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: processing instruction can not have PITarget with reserveld xml name

Hi devs,

I am randomly getting following exception, when I try to make a connection (xmppConnection = new XMPPConnection(serverUrl):wink: to my Jabber server (Openfire).

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: processing instruction can not have PITarget with reserveld xml name (position: END_TAG seen … at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parsePI(MXParser.java:2453)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1245)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:382)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:63)

I am using Openfire & Smack API 2.2.1.

Any idea why? Thanks in advance.

/sumedha

Hi,

Sorry i will not give you a solution but i want to khnow if you found a solution to this problem .

i posted the same error 1 month ago unfortunatly no reply !!!

thx in advance

Hi ,

I am also getting the same issue. Due to this, the login attempt is failing.

Could you please share the solution for this if you have already found one.

Thanks

Seeing this too now in my logs. With Smack 3.3.1.

org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserException: processing instruction can not have PITarget with reserveld xml name (position: END_TAG seen …<?xml … @1:725)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parsePI(MXParser.java:2453)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.parseEpilog(MXParser.java:1566)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.nextImpl(MXParser.java:1393)

at org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser.next(MXParser.java:1093)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.parsePackets(PacketReader.java:325)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader.access$000(PacketReader.java:43)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.PacketReader$1.run(PacketReader.java:70)

2014-01-09 08:42:07 [ERROR] - Resource binding not offered by server

Resource binding not offered by server:

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.bindResourceAndEstablishSession(SASLA uthentication.java:438)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.SASLAuthentication.authenticateAnonymously(SASLAuthentic ation.java:413)

at org.jivesoftware.smack.XMPPConnection.loginAnonymously(XMPPConnection.java:274)

Seems like this error occurs during connecting/feature negotiatian (before SASL).

Anybody has an idea?

I’ve had the same issue and solved it so as this is the first post appearing in google when searching for the error I thought it could be useful to someone.

I actually had this issue during a trip far from my work place where the server is. And it appeared that the issue was the “packetReplyTimeout”. So after commenting out this line:

SmackConfiguration.setPacketReplyTimeout(packetReplyTimeout);

everything was working ok.

It might not solve the problem for everybody, but it might explain why some people got the error sporadically.