Packet Filter Rules 2.0 error

This is the following error i am getting for this plugin. i have tried several uninstalls and reinstalls and still does not work right. Also attached is a screen shot of what the problem is.2008.03.14 15:51:28 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:9 8)

]javax.servlet.ServletException:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class

org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.component.ComponentList

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl .java:858)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.j ava:791)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.packetFilter.pf_002dmain_jsp._jspService(pf_00 2dmain_jsp.java:207)

at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.handleJSP(PluginServlet.java: 228)at org.jivesoftware.openfire.container.PluginServlet.service(PluginServlet.java:86 )

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:487)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1093)at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.parsePage(PageFilter.java:11 8)

at com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:52)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)at org.jivesoftware.util.LocaleFilter.doFilter(LocaleFilter.java:65)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)at org.jivesoftware.util.SetCharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(SetCharacterEncodingF ilter.java:41)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)at org.jivesoftware.admin.PluginFilter.doFilter(PluginFilter.java:69)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)at org.jivesoftware.admin.AuthCheckFilter.doFilter(AuthCheckFilter.java:98)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.ja va:1084)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:360)

at org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)

at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:181)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:726)

at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:405)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollect ion.java:206)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerCollection.handle(HandlerCollection.java:114)

at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:139)

at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:324)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:505)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.j ava:828)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:514)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:211)

at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:380)

at org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:395)

at org.mortbay.thread.BoundedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(BoundedThreadPool.java:450) Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.component.ComponentListat org.jivesoftware.openfire.plugin.packetFilter.pf_002dmain_jsp._jspService(pf_00 2dmain_jsp.java:72)

… 38 more

That is a strange error. It looks like something could be missing from your packetFilter jar file. Could you try reinstalling the plugin by removing the packetFilter jar and folder from the Openfire/plugins directory and readding the jar?

Let me know if the problem persists after reinstalling the plugin.

-Nate

Ok, did that witha reboot and still the same error. i haev tried this tree different times. Any other suggestions?

Not really. What version of Openfire are you using. I can try and reproduce the issue on my end.

-Nate

We are using 3.4.5.

I’m running 2.0 on Openfire 3.4.x using embedded database on Red Hat Linux enterprise and it works perfect. Awesome utility that allows me to open up our internal chat network to a few outside chatters. Thanks for your work to create a cool utility.

We getting anywhere on this issue?

I’m pretty stumped. The only thing I can think of is trying to deploy the same jar that you are with the same Openfire and database versions.

@candrews:

Just an idea, but this error reminds me on some problems if have sometimes:

Have you compiled the plugin yourself? ANT is stupid build tool. It does recompile files only if they have changed, but not if dependencies have changed. So try to make a clean up before compiling again:

ant clean
ant plugins

Ok i have uninstalled the plug in and reinstalled it several times and still am having no luck on this.

I really think there is something messed up with your Openfire jar. The class that it is saying can’t be loaded should be there. Could you send me a copy of your openfire.jar?

-Nate

Here it is… Let me know

Any word on this issue???

Get anything figured out on this?