Pandion Integrated Windows Authentication

Idiots guide!!! I am a newbie to openfire. I have installed the server onto a windows 2003 R2 server. I have configured the server name during the setup to be example.com. Note i did NOT use the FQDN of the server, i.e. servername.example.com I have also setup LDAP and this works fine.

I am able to log into the server using an pandion IM client if i use the username and password option. However i would like to use the windows authentication option.!!

I have followed the the instructions to the letter for the plugin http://norman.rasmussen.co.za/dl/sasl-sspi/

I have copied the three files over from the

bin\SaslSspi.dll
lib\sasl-sspi.jar
plugins\saslmechanisms.jar

and i have edited the jre\lib\security\java.security file.

finally i have added the following

sasl.mechs

ANONYMOUS,PLAIN,DIGEST-MD5,CRAM-MD5,NTLM

sasl.realm

DOMAINNAME

provider.authorization.classList

org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.StrictAuthorizationPolicy org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.DefaultAuthorizationPolicy

to the server set up.

When i try connect the IM client i get the same old can not sign in. you have entered an incorrect password or the accoutn does not exist pop up.!!!

I have tried everything from chaning the name of the server to be the FQDN sername.example.com to changing the sasl.mechs.realm to be the example.com and yet nothing seems to work. Am i missing something here? Any help would be really appreciated. this is driving me crazy when i am sure it should be straight forward.

thanks

sasl.realm

DOMAIN

sorry, is that the internal domain name or the netbios name for the domain

eg

ddintdom\users

user@dawnayday.co.uk

have tried both ddintdom and dawnayday.co.uk

thanks

When you look at the error log in the web portal you get the following

2010.03.24 14:52:52 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.AuthorizationManager.(AuthorizationMana ger.java:74)
] AuthorizationManager: Error loading AuthorizationProvider: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.StrictAuthorizationPolicy
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.StrictAuthorizationPolicy
2010.03.24 14:52:52 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.AuthorizationManager.(AuthorizationMana ger.java:74)
] AuthorizationManager: Error loading AuthorizationProvider: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.DefaultAuthorizationPolicy
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.DefaultAuthorizationPolicy
] AuthorizationManager: Error loading AuthorizationProvider: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.LdapAuthorizationProvider
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.LdapAuthorizationProvider

sprehen po ruski?

http://forum.ru-board.com/topic.cgi?forum=8&topic=22500#1

no sorry dont speak Russian.

try to use googel translate but couldnt work out quite what it was saying.

still having the same error

2010.03.24 15:45:16 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.AuthorizationManager.(AuthorizationMana ger.java:74)
] AuthorizationManager: Error loading AuthorizationProvider: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.StrictAuthorizationPolicy
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.StrictAuthorizationPolicy
2010.03.24 15:45:16 [org.jivesoftware.openfire.auth.AuthorizationManager.(AuthorizationMana ger.java:74)
] AuthorizationManager: Error loading AuthorizationProvider: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.DefaultAuthorizationPolicy
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.DefaultAuthorizationPolicy

It all relates to the entry

provider.authorization.classList

org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.StrictAuthorizationPolicy org.jivesoftware.openfire.sasl.DefaultAuthorizationPolicy

but cant work out jsut why it is erroring!

Looks like it is a server issue. After days of trying to resolve the issue. tried the process on a different server and it worked straight away. Intergrated logon no problem.

Checked every setting and double checked. Does anyone know if there are and particular apps that stop the openfire allowing NTLM!

Thanks

ntlm + norman path + pandion and miranda work fine.

what set the sasl.realm ?