powered by Jive Software

Pass Admin login information

I have a management software that I would like to incorporate the wildfire admin page in. Is there a way to create a link that will automagicly pass the admin username ande password? It more for asthetic reasons, hate having to login to my server admin page, and then have to relogin with wildfire admin info.

Regards

Hi Scott,

you just need to do a HTTP post just like on the login page, you can fill out the values so one just needs to click Login. But one can also read the admin password using this approach, a portlet would be much better.

LG

Adjust “action”, “url” and “password”.

/code

Hi Scott,

a HTTP GET is also possible and much more easy, as it is only a link. If you are using a proxy or something this is very dangerous, username and password are in the URL as plain text and may be logged to a log file, but maybe you have a secure server and connection and are using SSL. I don’'t recommend this way and it may be disabled in upcoming Wifi releases: http://myserver:9090/login.jsp?login=true&username=admin&password=private

You may also add &url=plugin-admin.jsp if you want to create a link directly to the Plugins page. This is also possible using the POST method.

LG