Password Expired for clients

Hi,

Can I set Password Expired for Clients so server can push their users to change password from they roaster?

thx

Hi,

I’‘m not aware of such a feature and I actually don’'t know if something like this is specified within XMPP. A possibility to set a password policy (len: 8chr, 2 special characters) would imho also be nice.

LG

Hi pinkan,

The XMPP spec doesn’'t prescribe a way to force users to change their password. However, as a potential solution what you could do is write a plugin that blocks all messages from (to?) a given user or users until they change their password. It may not be quite as effective as preventing a user from not signing in at all until they have changed their password but it would ultimately have the same effect.

Hope that helps,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

The Plugins that blocks all messages from/to before they change their passwd is good idea. But, Unfortunately I don’'t understand how to write plugins

Or perhaps, you can implement it for next new plugins.

Pinkan

Hi Pinkan,

If you decide you want to try and write the plugin yourself, let me know I can help out. As for now, I’'ve added your request to my offical “Plugin Ideas” list.

Cheers,

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

Thx very much if you want to add my request to your list. Let me be your first one who using that plugin.

Pinkan